When you first open your home based business you’ll be told by everyone with any experience in this area to open a PayPal Account. As some 87.2 million people all over the world have chosen to send and receive money in this way, it must be a pretty good idea, right? It’s certainly the easiest way to move money around online so, it’s become the accepted practice to be paid through PayPal if you freelance or work as an independent contractor. Many online stores also use PayPal to process their payments as well as issue refunds.
The main reason to open a PayPal account is that anyone can accept credit card payments online. PayPal eliminates the need for a merchant account when you first start your business. Other advantages of using PayPal include:
- Offers a variety of options to be paid by customers, including checks.
- Transfers money from PayPal to your bank account and other people easily.
- Payments from international customers can send you money through PayPal.
- Debit card information doesn’t have to be shared online when using PayPal.
- Your customers can use it at no charge.
- You aren’t charged any monthly, setup, membership or cancellation fees.
- Has high security.
- Both you and your customer must have PayPal accounts so you can be paid.
- You don’t have to worry about any checks to you bouncing.
- While PayPal does charge you viagra generique sans ordonnance.30 per transaction, plus 2.9 percent, this percentage can go down as low as 2.2 percent if your volume hits a certain level each month.
Now, there are some disadvantages to using PayPal and not all people feel it’s the best home business advice you can receive. There are customers that have accused PayPal of scamming people, and there are also class action lawsuits against them. Cons of using PayPal include:
- Difficult to talk to a live person when trying to resolve an issue.
- Your PayPal funds can be frozen without advance warning.
- It can take as long as 6 months to have money returned to you after an investigation.
- Once PayPal has decided a customer dispute, an appeal is not possible.
- If your monthly sales volume is large, your transaction fees might be too high.
- There are certain bans on email addresses that are associated with specific URLs and those customers aren’t allowed to send payments.
- Customers are allowed to keep any product for free even if they’ve received a refund because of a PayPal investigation.
Most people are concerned about using PayPal because they don’t have any control over or rights to their money when it’s in their account. In the event of a customer dispute, or suspected fraudulent activity, PayPal can simply take control of your money until they decide the best resolution.
EBay acquired PayPal and it has received many Internet awards. This includes the Best Financial Services Site award. As long as you use it cautiously, having a PayPal account for your home based business is good advice.